BIG NEWS: We are giving away a Traxxas Slash R/C Truck!
Guess what? We’re giving away a TRAXXAS Slash 1/10th Scale RC Truck! Seriously! Our friends at TRAXXAS have generously supplied a brand new Slash truck to be given to one lucky listener. They even upgraded it to include a LiPo battery and included the extra EZ charger for that as well. Good peeps!
Entering the contest is free and easy. Just visit http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com for contest details and enter in your e-e-mail address to enter. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms your entry, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Thank you, TRAXXAS!
Welcome to Episode #27 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E16: Treasure of Hazzard
K&F Show Summary:
A smart and super attractive “smart college professor” lady comes to Hazzard looking for a long lost buried treasure from a Union Army Civil War payroll to learn it’s historical value. Unfortunately for her, thugs are waiting to catch her find the treasure…because they’re greedy and just want the money in the box. Luckily, the Dukes intervene because they’re the only ones who can decode the 120-year old map markers of the area as their ancestors settled Hazzard. This jumps immediately to Bo wrestling an alligator underwater, losing his shirt, then followed by a set of highly sheltered (yet fairly underdressed) twin girls trapping him to keep as a prize in their hidden swamp bugaboo. Basically, all you need to know is that the General Lee chase scenes were replaced with mild sexual innuendos, Daisy does a stint at mud wrestling in high heels, and Rosco is gone again and replaced by another dude. Good episode and it all works out in the end. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 16 “Treasure of Hazzard”
Written by William Raynor & Myles Wilder
Directed by Hollingsworth Morse
-Cooter is in the intro, Rosco is now, different jump at the end – the giant Al Wyatt one, and the Jeep is back, and Lester Crabb is in as Sherriff!
-The hot but smart chicks always go after Luke. The hot but brainless ones all go for Bo. They both seem cool with that – and it’s a pattern we’ll see the rest of the series.
-While listening on headphones – the audio track has a ton of weird things about it…including many scenes where you can hear Roscos’ cop car siren faintly – like it’s an auto track bed – very strange. Can’t hear it without headphones.
-This is the second episode to feature a set of twins.
-Daisy does some mud wrestling
-Jeanne Wilson plays the hot history professor. She also starred in all 12 of the 13 episodes of Street Hawk.
-Actor Clifton James just died recently (April 15, 2017) at the age of 96. He played Sherriff Lester Crabb in this episode. He also had the opportunity to play in not one but two Bond movies. One role was Sheriff J.W. Pepper in the Bond film from 1973. After serving in the US Army in WW2 and receiving a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and two Purple Hearts, he went to college where he acted in plays.
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
While I remember watching this episode many times over the years, it never was one of my favorites. There just wasn’t enough GL action for me. You can spot a few different cars being used though. Both ’68s and ’69s. On one scene you can clearly see where the back-up lamps in the rear valance are painted over.
– At the beginning of the episode, when the General Lee crashes on the bridge… you can see where the front wheel was shoved back very hard. I wouldn’t say this killed the car, but it definitely required a lot of suspension work to be put back into use.
– In this episode, the bad guy’s car was a 1967 Dodge Coronet. And they leave the sunvisors in it!
– 14:47 – When everyone was in the boat, you can see that Denver Pyle’s stunt double was in the boat. His fake beard stuck out like a sore thumb. Bob Aaron played Denver Pyle’s stunt double.
– 16:00 – Bo wrestles with an alligator under water. I’ve seen the behind-the-scenes footage of this scene and it really was John Schneider under water with a real alligator. If you look carefully, you can see that the alligator’s mouth has a large rubber band at the end. Either way, it was still very impressive on John’s part to pull off this scene.
– 31:27 – The Historical Society in Colonial City is actually the Hazzard Sheriff Dept., just redecorated.
– 35:05 – I guess this was the only bit of interesting General Lee info from this episode. When Bo and Luke are changing the flat tire, if you look carefully, you can see the tire size is F70-14. Also, as you’ve mentioned in previous episodes, Bo and Luke use an air powered impact to remove lug nuts. When the camera is under the car filming the tire change, you can see a red floor jack being used under the car. When Bo and Luke finish changing the tire… and they are putting the tools away, they show them using the car’s original bumper jack.
This concludes the world’s shortest “CornDog’s Dukes Review”. It was brought to you by CornDog’s self-guided Gilmore Girls Tour. Limited edition shirts were available but they sold out… Finnegan bought all of my inventory. Tell him I said “Thank You”!!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!