Welcome to Episode #14 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Win an FSM Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner an FSM Garage T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E4: The Meeting
K&F Show Summary:
The mob shows up. The freaking mob. Why? Because they need a place for all of the crime bosses to meet – and they know through previous moonshine dealings that Boss Hogg will give them cover to do so. They claim to be working on their new project – a toy company product – but are really there to take back from their sons their old businesses of gun running, gambling, prostitution, and all sort of tomfoolery. The Dukes find the guns, decide to intervene to save the general public, and defeat the mob without a hitch by trapping them in a net that (somehow) thwarts off bullets. The mobsters all wear pinstripe suits. The General Lee jumps (twice). Daisy fakes skinny dipping. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 4 “The Meeting”
Teleplay by William Raynor and Myles Wilder
Story by Leonard B Kayfman
Directed by Rod Amateau
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
The final of the original three Georgia Lee’s (Lee 3 – the original close up car) was jumped and destroyed at the end of this episode. Some people believe that this car really was the first GL built and that the label of 3 was just the order it came off the truck. This is the car you see in all of the early show promos – and has no numbers on the doors. It was a real RT/SE with a 440 and tan interior.
-One of the mobsters is “Marlow” from the Dolly Parton episode.
-An outside shot of the Boars Nest is from the Days of Shine and Roses Episode – the 67 Mustang and Camaro that Boss and Rosco drove are present!
-The Bad guys have a map with Matchbox cars on it showing peoples location. They have a little orange General Lee (with the flag) for some reason too!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.