Welcome to Episode #91 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merry Christmas…with MeUndies!
Santa Claus called and noticed you need new underwear before the holidays kick off. He sees you when you’re sleeping and stuff (allegedly) and is threatening no presents until you get things solved. To rectify this disaster, and to appease St. Nick, just head to MeUndies.com/kafs and pick out a holiday treat for yourself early! Guaranteed for fun, fashion, and comfiness or your money back. Plus, it helps our show! To get 15% off your first pair, free shipping, AND their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and get the best and softest underwear you will ever own, go to MeUndies.com/kafs!
Smart People Know Best: KF Show on Patreon Is Sweet!
Did you catch the October edition of our Patreon show? The one where Finnegan regaled secrets to the world only known to insiders, priests, and (maybe) his wife? If not, you still can! To get in on the action and support the show with a minor financial contribution just click the link below to sign up and get started! We have $1, $2, $5 , and $10 monthly options available.. By far, the $5 is the biggest winner so far! And as always – YOU ROCK!!
Mark Bradley: The Fantastic OCD Details of Cooter’s Garage
Do you make professional sets for a living? Do you love the history of Cooter’s Garage? Do you (likely) have OCD? If yes to all three, your name is Mark Bradley and you’re the feature interview on this episode! Mark is a professional set dresser and modeler and has gone from fandom to herodom with Ben Jones – i.e. Cooter Davenport. Mark crafted up his own Cooter’s Garage model for personal use, Ben saw it, and then (eventually) hired Mark to re-create Cooter’s Garage at his Luray, Virginia store. That’s certinaly cool – but Mark has done extensive research on the history of the set of Cooter’s Garage on the Warner Brothers Backlot….and that’s what this interview is all about. John Wayne used it as a livery stable before Cooter moved in his grease rack. It was also the one and only interior and exterior set on the whole series. Nerd out and enjoy!
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!