One day each week we’ll list a cool project car or a nice driver for sale here from eBay Motors. We’ll try to keep the price to a max of $20,000 for full driver cars. For project cars, no more than $5,000.
Visit us every day, or just click the flame to get it via e-mail!
Text from eBay Listing:
This car, one of only 6,319 made, began its life as a highly optioned 1967 Buick Skylark convertible. It was built in GM’s famed Fremont California “muscle car plant” that also produced other “Z” code cars like Chevelles, GTOs and 442s. It was then shipped to Los Angeles and sold to its original owner, who registered it in late 1967 with the original California black plate (which I still have, along with the owners manual and Protect-o-Plate.)
Eventually the car was restored and dressed as a Gran Sport, and was sold to a gentleman in California, who then sold it to me in July of 2012. I have done some additional upgrades, only driven it 150 miles since then, and keep it safely stored away from wet and winter weather.
The Car Today
Overall the car is in great shape and hassle free. It needs no work– starts very reliably every time, rides and handles well. It’s an ideal summer driver that turns heads with its “stock but a little cooler” look. It gets tons of compliments and can win your local cruise night car show.
- 86,900 miles thought to be original
- Body is straight with no known rust
- In desirable “triple black”–Gleaming black paint, interior and top
- Upgraded period correct engine
- 340CI / 260 HP, 4-barrel, 3-speed auto with Turbo 350 transmission
- Edelbrock carb
- “Starwars” Gran Sport air cleaner
- Mallory Unilite electronic ignition
- 2.72 ratio 10” rear end
- 4 wheel power disc brakes (rear disc’s just added in 2013)
- FlowMaster exhaust (for a that great muscle car rumble sound!)
- Hardened valve seats (so it takes normal unleaded gas)
- Air conditioning works well, blows ice cold
- Power windows
- Brand new power top, replaced in 2013
- New springs, shocks, water pump, motor mounts, fan, alternator, battery, rear control arms, front and rear sway bars, interior seat foam and vinyls (in 2010)
- GS grill, hood and badging
- Solid black paint with clearcoat and painted red pinstripe
- New retro look AM/FM stereo with kickpanel speakers and power retracting antenna
- 18″x8 billet custom Buick Rallye wheels with wheel locks
- Redline tires (225/45/18 front; 225/50/18 back)
- Includes original California black plate, owner’s manual and GM Protecto-Plate
No related posts.