Subscribe in iTunes
Listen on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
This is our final podcast show featuring interviews recorded during the 2013 SEMA show. All of this weeks interviewees have contributed parts or knowledge to building of the Chevelle….and I am very thankful for that!
1. Detroit Speed and Engineering - I caught up with Stacy and Kyle Tucker at the Detroit Speed (DSE) booth and thanked her for the well engineered products installed in the Chevelle. Stacy and I discussed their new Mustang line, their entry for Kyle Busch’s Toyota “Dream Build Challenge - Rowdy Camry”, and how we can convince them to begin developing Mopar parts! Kyle and I discussed the 5 billion races he was running before, during, and after SEMA – including the Baja 1000!
2. Vintage Air - Vice President, Rick Love. I asked Rick about the compatibility that is being worked into future systems will have with the MSD Brainwave system. He told me this integration will help our custom vehicles take advantage current and future technologies to make them drive better and more economically. They are also working on making their systems more plug and play that will just drop in and work right.
3. Ron Francis Wiring - Scott Bowers, President of Ron Francis Wiring. Scott, Larry Callahan (my partner in the Pro-Touring.com Podcast) and I discussed the cool car in Scott’s both (i.e.m mine) and talked about how many of their systems were incorporated into the Chevelle. As always, Scott was good sport….and has a nice one liner at the very end of the show!
4. RestoreATag - Shawn Mahaney, owner and chief restorer at Restore A Tag. Shawn did the restoration on my original 1964 Kansas license plate and discussed their high quality, hand finished, plate restorations. Shawn has done very high level show plates for many cars and even for Jay Leno. Currently they have around 85,000 plates on hand!
5. Chris Holstrom Concepts - Chris and Alyssa Holstrom talk about the path from starting a business back in 2008 to Good Guys Gold Award winner in 2013.
Faith in God takes a priority and hard work has made Chris Holstrom Concepts The SEMA show car this year is a 67 Nova, super charged LS9, 6 speed transmission, custom metal trim work, DSE quadralink rear suspension, 14″ rotors vehicle that is “Built to drive”.
Thanks for the interviews and for all of the special support of this podcast show.
- Rob Kibbe
This interview sponsored by our pals at National Parts Depot - your premier source for muscle car restoration parts!