Subscribe in iTunes
Listen on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
1. D&Z Customs – Randy Johnson talked to me about his latest car “Project Envious” featured in the Auto Meter display. This 1970 Camaro is a citrus green, cutting edge, pro-touring built vehicle. Project Envious has many trick features from the split front spoiler, reverse cut hood scoop and cantilevered suspension.
Randy said that this car is a culmination of what he has learned from previous builds and from hanging out at track days and racing pro-touring. He also told me about the Auto Meter glass cockpit style gauges and upcoming features it will be capable of.
2. Edelbrock – Chris Johnson Sr. Calibration Engineer at Edelbrock showed me the very fresh supercharger for the 2014 Corvette. Since the C7 was just released a couple weeks ago they did not have much time to develop a complete system and package it under the hood. Chris mentioned that they have only had the car two weeks but was able to take some guesses at the design and get a big jump on the project before they ever got the Corvette.
3. MSD Brainwave – Todd Peterson, Chief Innovation Officer of MSD Performance, showed me features of the new Brainwave network system. Brainwave ties multiple systems together and allows information from those systems to be shared with other systems. Air ride suspensions, air conditioning systems, speedometers, fuel injection systems all working together under one system. Todd explained how this will also help various manufacturers systems can now work together under the Brainwave system.
4. Optima - I had a chance to talk to Jim MacEvoy from Optima Batteries, otherwise known as “Optima Jim”. We had a great discussion about Facebook etiquette and what Jim feels should be or NOT be on there.
He also told me about the advantage of Optima Batteries “spill proof” design and how that feature helps high performance auto enthusiasts. He gave a great tip for venting a battery that is installed where fumes may get to the driver. Jim also discussed his process for choosing Optima Street Car Challenge cars.
5. K&B – Ken Anderson of K&B was responsible for restoring the AM radio in my Chevelle. He disussed what was needed to fix my old radio and what K&B can do for other classic car owners.
Thanks for the great interviews!
This interview sponsored by our pals at National Parts Depot - your premier source for muscle car restoration parts!
No related posts.