Get this show straight to your Smart Phone – just take your pick!
LISTEN AND WIN!
Our friends at TCI are giving away a $200 Gift Certificate this month , and entry is free and easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to email@example.com!
The winner will be selected on September 12, 2011 at 12PM CST.
This week’s podcast show guest is Jimi Day, President of FM3 Marketing. Like a lot of us he grew up as a car guy, but his early career led him away from cars, into finance, and eventually to the cutthroat world of Wall Street. Fortunately, his Wall Street career put him in a strong position to be able to leave it behind in his early 40′s and he decided to pursue the area that he had loved as a kid; cars! Specifically, he wanted to help to make people happy, and he wanted to do that with cars, somehow, some way.
He entered into the car business first doing restoration work, but one thing led to another and he learned that restoration work was harder to make a dollar at than was marketing and proposal writing. Eventually his business had a marketing division and he partnered with Wally Olczak to form what it today known as FM3 Marketing. They are the company behind events like the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitation, LS Fest, and more. Even better is that they’re really cars guys, participate in a bazillion events each year, and love what they do.
Jimi also revealed in this interview that the Pro Touring movement may be part of a new Street Car Series, perhaps as early as 2012. It could potentially be a televised sport with multiple events throughout the year and could (effectively) be the bridge between the car in your driveway and something like SCCA. Jimi has stated that the important factor is that these would be street cars, not race cars with license plates!
Thanks for the interview Jimi, and the inspiration!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #62 – Tom Farrington’s ’66 Chevelle is a Family Affair
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #61 – SEMA Recap and the 2010 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #26 – Bolt In Chassis for GM Muscle Cars by Street Rod Garage
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #7 – Featuring Rob Kinnan of Hot Rod Magazine
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #60 – 2010 SEMA Show Preview!