Get this show straight to your Smart Phone – just take your pick!
LISTEN AND WIN!
Our friends at FAST are giving away a $200 Gift Certificate this month , and entry is free and easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for this podcast in Stitcher.
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to email@example.com!
The winner will be selected on July 11, 2011 at 12PM CST.
This week’s edition of the podcast will be a little different, as it’s the first to feature “live” interviews! I attended the 2011 GoodGuys Heartland Nationals over the 4th of July weekend and had the chance to speak with several different guests, all of which will be posted over the next few shows.
Our first interview was with Mike Ring of the famous Ring Brothers. For years now they’ve operated a collision repair business out of their Wisconsin shop and have been producing some of the most jaw-dropping and cutting edge custom muscle cars on the market. With each revolutionary car design has come some of the most incredible part component development to hit the industry in years, and for all of you out there who use billet hood hinges on your car you can thank the Ring Brothers for coming up with the idea!
The second interview in this week’s show was with Chris Jacobs. Chris and his wife Lynda own several fast Chevy’s, and his blue ’66 Chevelle has been attending and winning autocross events for a few years now. Chris won the Street Machine class at the 2011 Heartland Nationals Autocross and his Chevelle is now the development car for Roadster Shop’s 2nd Generation A-Body chassis. It’s a huge improvement in how it tucks under the car over their first generation chassis, as the previous one stuck down a couple of inches under the body. This one is barely visible. In addition, this is their first chassis with an independent rear suspension!
Last, but certainly not least, was a visit to the podcast show by my dad Dallas. He stopped by to see the booth, as it was my first. I thought it might be fun to sit down with him for an interview as it’s quite likely The MuscleCar Place would not have existed had had he and my mom not purchased my Chevelle new in 1964. I’ve interviewed Richard Petty and Tanner Foust in the past, but of all the interviews I’ve conducted this is the one I’m most proud of.
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #64 – Scooter Brothers and COMP Cams!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #56 – Chris Damewood and Rodders for Christ
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #72 – Jeff Allison is Starting His Own Shop!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #17 – Featuring Racing Legend Chris Kaufmann
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #50 – Chris Holstrom on building cars for a living