Get this show straight to your Smart Phone – just take your pick!
LISTEN AND WIN!
Our friends at FAST are giving away a $200 Gift Certificate this month , and entry is free and easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for this podcast in Stitcher.
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The winner will be selected on July 11, 2011 at 12PM CST.
Disclaimer: The comments of this show’s guest are his opinion and do not constitute official United States Government policy.
This week’s podcast guest is Vincent Aiello – a real life fighter pilot in the U.S. Navy! Vincent has been a listener of The MuscleCar Place podcast for a while now and reached out to me to say he was enjoying the show. His interest in speed lies not only in fast fighter jets, but also in muscle cars and proves the thought that I’ve always hopes was true; fighter jets are the muscle cars of the sky!
Unlike a lot of muscle car guys Vincent did not grow up in the garage every weekend wrenching on cars. His passion was to fly in the military, and thus his education and interests were directed there. While he’s humble to admit it, the position he has attained as a Naval Aviator is one that few achieve, and an even slimmer few end up as fighter pilots. To top that off he’s gone through Top Gun (yes, that Top Gun) and has even been a Top Gun instructor!
His interest in muscle cars came as a package deal with his wife combined with his need for speed. Her dad had a 4-speed ’65 Impala convertible that Vincent now cruises in with his boys and allows his something to tinker with. In addition, a ’68 Camaro convertible project is sitting under a tarp somewhere just waiting to get started on, and it’s Vincent’s goal to add one more muscle car to the fleet. He’d like each of his 3 boys to eventually have one of the cars!
Be sure to catch the bonus footage at the end of the show where Vincent compares the launch of an FA-18 from an aircraft carrier to a top fuel dragster. You’ll also learn what it’s like to land a fighter on an aircraft carrier at night!
Thanks for the interview, Vincent, and thanks for your service to our country!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #35 – Murray Pfaff and Designer Muscle Cars
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #26 – Bolt In Chassis for GM Muscle Cars by Street Rod Garage
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #16 – Featuring Boss Mustang Expert Chris Burns of Santa Barbara Muscle Cars
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #43 – Tanner Foust and Stunt Driving Muscle Cars
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #50 – Chris Holstrom on building cars for a living