Listen and Win!
Our friends at TCI are giving away a $200 Gift Certificate this month , and entry is free and easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to email@example.com!
The winner will be selected on June 13, 2011 at 12PM CST.
This week’s podcast show guest is Bryan Rogers from Agent 47, and the topic of discussion is their incredible “Harbinger” Mustang. Agent 47 is a company that produces high end suspension and racing components for late model road racing Mustangs (Fox Body and newer) that compete in series like NASA, and the Harbinger is their first foray into working with the ’60′s era Mustangs. The company’s owner also owns Forecast 3D, the largest rapid prototyping company on the West Coast, so when it came to creating the Harbinger no idea was left off of the table since it could all be created in their lab!
The car you see here is the prototype of the Harbinger package and began life as a ’69 Fastback Mustang Dynacorn body. 250 cars will be built in total. Components on the car include a Bill Osborn designed suspension (the guy that designed the suspension for the Big Red Camaro), Penske racing shocks, weight jacks on all four corners, ducted hood, lexan windows, full roll cage, full floating rear end, and a 700 horsepower small block under the hood. They’ve also developed lightweight components for the car, such as headlight buckets that weight 10 pounds less than the factory units. Even better, all components of the Harbinger can be purchased individually as well for those of you that would like to modify your own Mustang!
Bryan Rogers ran the car at a recent Good Guys event, which was a first for Agent 47. They really didn’t know what to expect as the car was set up for road racing, not autocrossing, but it ended up coming in second in the vendor class on it’s first outing. Unfortunately the time could only be a “for fun” status as the tread wear on the tire was less than the 180 minimum required by Good Guys. Either way, for a first outing, not too shabby.
Overall, I’m thoroughly in love with this Mustang. It’s the epitome of a Trans Am car and must be a complete joy to drive. Ah, to dream. Thanks for the interview, Bryan!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #18 – Featuring “Mustang Don”
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #16 – Featuring Boss Mustang Expert Chris Burns of Santa Barbara Muscle Cars
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #64 – Scooter Brothers and COMP Cams!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #71 – Larry Brogdin and Dynacorn
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #74 – Derek Putnam on All Things Drag Racing!