Listen and Win!
Our friends at FAST are giving away a $50 Gift Certificate this week, and entry is free an easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to email@example.com!
The winner will be selected on Monday, April 4, 2011 at 12PM CST.
This week’s podcast show is Cam Benty, the VP of Marketing for Flowmaster Mufflers. He’s one of those guys that has literally been involved in ever facet of the aftermarket and media sections of our hobby including stints as an Associate Editor at Hot Rod Magazine, Editor of Popular Hot Rodding and Car Craft Magazines, multiple consulting positions in sales, and now VP of Marketing for Flowmaster. Like a lot of us his love for cars started with his dad, but it didn’t begin with American muscle cars at all. His dad liked the “foreign stuff” according to Cam, but he was able to win his dad over later after showing him all of the benefits that a screaming V8 can bring! He’s had a ton of muscle cars over the years, but his dream car would still be a 427 Cobra. If you see one on the cheap, let him know!
I’ve run Flowmasters on my Chevelle for years and have always loved the durability, performance, and sound that they make. They offer a bolt in kit for nearly every muscle car imaginable at this point as well as custom install kits as well. I’m intrigued by the Hushmaster line that Cam discussed in the interview as well because while I love everything my Flowmasters bring to the table, their one drawback is that they run hot. If you have them tucked up close to the floor and have little insulation material between you and they, prepare for a warmed up floor. According to Cam the Hushmasters have a different different that prevents all of that without dropping performance and can literally be touched by hand without any issue even while the car is running!
Thanks for the interview, Cam! Feel free to come back anytime.
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #56 – Chris Damewood and Rodders for Christ
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #70 – Jason and Melanie Rushforth
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #71 – Larry Brogdin and Dynacorn
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #74 – Derek Putnam on All Things Drag Racing!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #73 – Marc Meadors and GoodGuys!