Get this show delivered directly to your Smart Phone!
Subscribe in iTunes
LISTEN AND WIN!
Our friends at FAST are giving away a $200 Gift Certificate this month , and entry is free and easy! To enter simply leave a comment below that you have completed one of the following actions. To make it easy, all the necessary links are here and ready to go. Enter in as many ways as possible to improve your chances of winning!
- Sign up for this podcast in iTunes (must have iTunes installed first)
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
- Become a fan of our FACEBOOK page
- Follow us on TWITTER
- Post our podcast show on YOUR Facebook page announcing the contest. Give a link to your Facebook page is required as proof.
- Become a fan of COMP Cams on FACEBOOK
- Follow COMP Cams on TWITTER
- Answer the SECRET QUESTION from the podcast show. E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The winner will be selected on October 10, 2011 at 12PM CST.
The week’s podcast show guest is Pastor Jamie Estes from Mustang Ministries. No, he’s no operating the Mustang equivalent of the ‘Ministry of Magic’ from Harry Potter, but a real honest to goodness ministry for people that takes advantage of his passions of the Ford Mustang and in helping people with their faith walk. An engineer by trade, James became an ordained pastor years back, but didn’t develop his massive love for the Mustang until 2007 when he bought his first one. Unlike a lot of us Jame didn’t jump in the shallow end of the pool, and he went straight for a 2007 Roush Stage 3 with plenty of custom touches. Once he had one Roush Mustang his wife needed one as well, so she bought a Roush Roadster Mustang that came with one requirement; Jack Roush himself had to driver her out of the dealership in it, and he did! Jamie went on to tell me that Jack did a huge burnout in the parking lot with the Roadster and nearly wiped out a couple of customer cars in the process (and he has the pictures to prove it on his website)!
Jamie has set Mustang Ministries up to help churches create outreach programs for their communities all centered around car shows. He and the members of Mustang Ministries show churches how to stage and promote an event, how to set up food vending, and all of the other details that most of us take for granted. The members of the ministry do it all as a gift and accept no donations for their work. Just like the classic Blues Brothers line, “They’re on a mission from God!” Jamie also pointed out that a sister organization called Muscle Car Ministries will be starting soon so that all of the non-blue-oval guys will have a place to play as well.
Thanks for the interview, Jamie, and for your ministry!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #53 – Inside GM Performance and Restoration Parts with Jamie Meyer and Cliff Cohen!
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #16 – Featuring Boss Mustang Expert Chris Burns of Santa Barbara Muscle Cars
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #88 – Agent 47′s Harbinger Mustang
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #18 – Featuring “Mustang Don”
- The MuscleCar Place Podcast – Episode #52 – Neale White and Australian Muscle