Subscribe to the Pro-Touring.com Podcast in iTunes
Stream the show live on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
The Nitty Gritty:
For those new to the scene, the Pro-Touring.com podcast show is hosted by myself and Larry Callahan, the owner of Pro-Touring.com.
The show is sponsored by the fantastic hot rod wiring supply company, Ron Francis Wiring, and we’re very appreciative that they were our FIRST EVER show sponsor!
1) We gave a huge recap of the 2012 Motorstate Challenge, courtesy of our exclusive call-in segment from Scott Wahlstrom from Motorstate. Thanks, Scott!
2) Gary Bowers’s ’65 Mustang won the Goodguys 2012 Optima Batteries Street Machine of the Year! Bowers’ hi-tech, ground hugging Mustang, built by Ringbrothers represents the latest in track-ready, show-quality super muscle cars.
3) Angie Johnson of Johnson’s Hot Rod Shop in Gadsden, Alabama was named Goodguys 2012 Woman of the Year at the Goodguys 15th annual PPG Nationals in Columbus. Congratulations Angie! Another good friend of the site Stacy Tucker won it in 2007
4) Run Thru The Hills 8 is sold out. If you want to spectate or join in on the cruise there is probably space still available.
5) The Pro-Touring.com car database / gallery is almost ready to release. What do we call it? It used to be known as PT Garage but I would like to come up with something else. E-mail email@example.com or call our phone is line at the number we will give later in the show.
Events Coming Up:
Ohio Musclecar Challenge – August 24th -26th, 2012
The event is a 3 day autocross event for American made cars prior to 1981 held in Aurora Ohio, just south of Cleveland.. The course is one of the largest east of the Mississippi. Friday is a train, test & tune day. Saturday, they will start competing and run one course in the morning and change it for the afternoon session. The course is big enough for 6 cars at a time. Sunday we will run one course that will be different than Saturday’s course. Limit 80 Cars.
Goodguys Mid-Western Nationals – Aug 31 – Sept 2
Kansas Speedway in Kansas City
New Event – Return To The Coast – October 5-7
American Streetcar Series has announced that they will return again for the first weekend in October to host Return To The Coast. Visit the Run To The Coast section in the Racing events section on Pro-Touring.com or visit americanstreetcarseiries.com to sign up or for more info. By the time this airs there should be a discounted block of hotel rooms available.
Be sure to sign up for the show in iTunes above, and be sure to check out Pro-Touring.com for a TON of pro-touring info!
Be On The Show!
Also, if you’d like to be interviewed LIVE at an upcoming event by Larry, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set it up!
Listen and Win $750 from COMP!
The Prize Segment sponsored by the COMP Performance Group is back, and it’s back BIG! The next award winner will be selected on SEPTEMBER 15, 2012!
Entrants can enter to win a HUGE $750 gift certificate that will be awarded quarterly, and there are two ways to enter:
- Go to www.themusclecarplace.com/contest and fill out the details there to enter the contest. Be sure to use the links in the contest to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and your own websites. For everyone that joins the contest because of your referral, YOU GET MORE ENTRIES!
- Answer the bonus question given out every other podcast show. E-mail your answer to bonus@pro-touring for an additional 20 points!
No related posts.