Subscribe to the Pro-Touring.com Podcast in iTunes
Stream the show live on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
The Nitty Gritty:
For those new to the scene, the Pro-Touring.com podcast show is hosted by myself and Larry Callahan, the owner of Pro-Touring.com.
The show is sponsored by the fantastic hot rod wiring supply company, Ron Francis Wiring, and we’re very appreciative that they were our FIRST EVER show sponsor!
1) Pro-Touring.com 12th annual SEMA dinner – Tickets are on sale now. Find them on our home page or visit our store directly at www.pro-touring.com/store
2) Pro-Touring.com now has a new classifieds section! It’s run by Enthusify. You can list your item for sale and pay for items with a credit card. As an added bit of protection for the buyers and sellers there is a 14 day escrow period. We still have our old classified section in place and will continue to do so for some time and possibly forever.
3) Larry would like to file a formal protest with Camaro Performers Magazine. One of his favorite things in the magazine was Mary Pozzi’s section at the end of the magazine. He just received the current issue and it’s missing. HEADS MUST ROLL!
4) Help send Kyle Tucker to the Baja 1000! While we know it’s not a road course or an autocross we’d still love to see Kyle Tucker win in the dirt. BF Goodrich tires is asking people once again to vote on who they would like to see win the opportunity to run in the Baja 1000 and who goes to the Ford Racing School this year. Check out the Pro-Touring.com home page for the Facebook link and vote for your favorite (Kyle Tucker)
5) Did you see this video yet? Stielow’s Red Devil ’69 Camaro beats a new 2012 Camaro ZL1!
Events Coming Up:
Ohio Musclecar Challenge – August 24th -26th, 2012
The event is a 3 day autocross event for American made cars prior to 1981 held in Aurora Ohio, just south of Cleveland.. The course is one of the largest east of the Mississippi. Friday is a train, test & tune day. Saturday, they will start competing and run one course in the morning and change it for the afternoon session. The course is big enough for 6 cars at a time. Sunday we will run one course that will be different than Saturday’s course. Limit 80 Cars.
Goodguys Mid-Western Nationals – Aug 31 – Sept 2
Kansas Speedway in Kansas City
New Event – Return To The Coast – October 5-7
American Streetcar Series has announced that they will return again for the first weekend in October to host Return To The Coast. Visit the Run To The Coast section in the Racing events section on Pro-Touring.com or visit americanstreetcarseiries.com to sign up or for more info. By the time this airs there should be a discounted block of hotel rooms available.
Be sure to sign up for the show in iTunes above, and be sure to check out Pro-Touring.com for a TON of pro-touring info!
Be On The Show!
Also, if you’d like to be interviewed LIVE at an upcoming event by Larry, e-mail email@example.com and we’ll set it up!
Listen and Win $750 from COMP!
The Prize Segment sponsored by the COMP Performance Group is back, and it’s back BIG! The next award winner will be selected on SEPTEMBER 15, 2012!
Entrants can enter to win a HUGE $750 gift certificate that will be awarded quarterly, and there are two ways to enter:
- Go to www.themusclecarplace.com/contest and fill out the details there to enter the contest. Be sure to use the links in the contest to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and your own websites. For everyone that joins the contest because of your referral, YOU GET MORE ENTRIES!
- Answer the bonus question given out every other podcast show. E-mail your answer to bonus@pro-touring for an additional 20 points!