Listen on your Smart Phone!
Subscribe in iTunes!
Listen on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
1) Tony Whatley joined us LIVE while driving the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour! He gave an up to date report on the cars there, the GM Tech Center, and whether or not the “Power Tour” was again becoming the “Shower Tour” (I.E. nothing but rain).
2) Are Chevy fans jumping ship over to the 2013 Shelby GT500?
1) John’s recap of the Chevy High Performance Nationals (Race #2 in the LSX Challenge Series)! The good news is – it was fun. The bad news is….he lost the first place crown (but wants it back)!
2) Rob is headed to Chevellabration in Nashville, and to the Road Course and Autocross event: Optima Faceoff at Road America – June 22-24 (Same weekend as the NASCAR Nationwide Race at Road America!)
1) John’s 2010 Camaro SS (aka “Heavy Chevy”) needs some love. He wants to get it down to a 12.5 run @111 so he discussed his plans to install a cold air intake; ported OEM throttle body; Powerbond underdrive pulley; and JBA mid-pipes with high flow cats. It may or may not require a new tune, but if it does he will:
-Raise the idle
-Turn on the fans sooner
-Reduce the factory torque management
Supposedly tuning alone is worth 2 tenths.
I’m shooting for 12.5@111, down from 13.1@106.
2) Rob’s Chevelle is getting the electrical treatment from Ron Francis Wiring. We’re going to use their items for everything electrical in the car (fuse panel, relays, wiring, etc.) and to hide the engine computer in the trunk. Good idea?
Feel free to e-mail in your questions, and we’ll do our best to answer it. We’ll also be covering a lot of the topics thrown out in the forums in each show, and the next one already looks jam packed. You can contact us with questions for the show as follows:
John Ryan: email@example.com
Tony Whatley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Kibbe: email@example.com
-Rob, John, and Tony
WIN $750 FROM CPG!
The Prize Segment sponsored by the COMP Performance Group is back, and it’s back BIG! Entrants can enter to win a HUGE $750 gift certificate that will be awarded quarterly, and there are two ways to enter:
- Go to www.themusclecarplace.com/contest and fill out the details there to enter the contest. Be sure to use the links in the contest to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and your own websites. For everyone that joins the contest because of your referral, YOU GET MORE ENTRIES!
- Answer the bonus question given out in this podcast show. E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org for an additional 20 points!
No related posts.