Subscribe in iTunes!
Listen on your Smart Phone in Stitcher!
1) The new 1Le and ZL1 convertible Camaro’s are hitting the market now!
2) We talk cylinder heads – specifically, the best budget and aftermarket options for Gen III and Gen IV LS heads.
In this section we started with a recap of the difference between Gen III and IV engines, and discussed GM’s cathedral port heads and then subsequent use of rectangle port heads. We also talked about the difference between the earlier car heads and trucks heads, and also compared the bore sizes of the engines.
Lastly we hit the folliwing:
-Best stock cathedral port gen III head to use stock? (LS2’s and LS6’s aka the 243’s)
-Best stock rectangle port heads? (LS7)
-Best stock ported cathedral port? (many – TEA, TSP….)
-Best stock ported rectangle port? )many… WCCH, TEA, TSP, GM CNC)
-Best aftermarket heads cathedral port? (AFR, TFS, Mast formerly ETP)
-Best aftermarket heads rectangle port? (Mast? RHS?)
Here is a good link to all the stock heads with flow numbers as well: http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/showthread.php?12544-GM-Head-Casting-Info-with-flow-numbers
1) Holley LS Fest Sept 7-9, Bowling Green KY
2) Lingenfelter Battle of the Brands Sept 21-23, Norwalk OH
2010 Camaro SS aka Project Heavy Chevy is getting a serious round of bolt-ons to be chronicled in GM High Tech Performance in a before/after dyno and racing comparo.
Update on his ’70 Chevelle SS Convertible….plus the possible addition of a new Viper.
A new Vintage Air A/C system and LS front runner are in the works! Also looking at a Magnum T-56 6-speed. What’s a good price on a T-56? I found one from an ‘04 GTO….but for $1900.
Feel free to e-mail in your questions, and we’ll do our best to answer it. We’ll also be covering a lot of the topics thrown out in the forums in each show, and the next one already looks jam packed. You can contact us with questions for the show as follows:
John Ryan: email@example.com
Tony Whatley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Kibbe: email@example.com
-Rob, John, and Tony
WIN $750 FROM CPG!
The Prize Segment sponsored by the COMP Performance Group is back, and it’s back BIG! Entrants can enter to win a HUGE $750 gift certificate that will be awarded quarterly, and there are two ways to enter:
- Go to www.themusclecarplace.com/contest and fill out the details there to enter the contest. Be sure to use the links in the contest to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and your own websites. For everyone that joins the contest because of your referral, YOU GET MORE ENTRIES!
- Answer the bonus question given out in this podcast show. E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org for an additional 20 points!
The next winner will be selected September 15, 2012!