Welcome to Episode #84 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s Patreon or Bust!
As you’ll hear in this show….we’re taking a little break from running traditional ads right now. That means that right now the only support for this show is coming from you! Consider this your no-guilt-yet-kinda-begging request to take a look at contribution to our show on Patreon. We have $1, $2, and $5 monthly options available – and if you really love us we have a $10 one as well. By far, the $5 is the biggest winner so far!
Just click the link or picture below to get started. Thanks!!
Movie Review: Major League
Every now and then you have to take a break from the cars, smell the roses, and look around the real world to see what else is out there. In our case that means heading to funny movies from our childhood that we still quote daily. Since MLB Standings are just around the corner….that was the perfect excuse to review our favorite baseball movie ever made: Major League! Sit back and regale in Finnegan’s 20-minute soliloquy on the movie complete with every favorite line including: “Up your butt, Jobu!” Bob Eucker was in prime form as the radio announcer, Charlie Sheen was at his best as the bad boy, and Tom Berenger was the ace aging catcher. You’ll love it. We did. And if you don’t love it….car stuff will be back next week anyway, baby!
Legit Movie Info:
-Release Date: April 7, 1989
-Directed and Written by lifelong Cleveland Indians Fan: David Ward
Corbin Bernsen from LA Law
And Bob Uecker
Box Office Mojo Stats:
-Domestic Total Gross: $49,797,148 – Today that’s $101,940,000
-Production Budget of $11 Million – so a fairly decent commercial success
-26th Highest Grossing movie of 1989
-Shockingly, the worst Star Trek Movie ever made – Star Trek V – came in at 25. Just goes to show the power of the Trek
-1989’s Top movie was Batman
-Also in 1989…..
Field of Dreams
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Tango & Cash
Turner & Hooch
Ghost Busters II
Honey I Shrunk The Kids
Steel Magnolias (that was for the ladies)
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!