Welcome to Episode #70 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dukes Review – S1E1: “One Armed Bandits”
At long last, this is the long lost Kibbe and Finnegan Review of the very first episode of The Dukes of Hazzard ever; “One Armed Bandits.” Many of you have asked where we reviewed this episode, because the very first K&F Show starts with a review Season 1 Episode 5 of the Dukes. The thing is, when we started Kibbe and Finnegan it wasn’t actually Kibbe and Finnegan….it was a segment we did on The MuscleCar Place Podcast called “DukesCast.” After 4 Dukes Cast episodes it was clear that we needed a full blown show of our own to take our love of the Dukes (and witty banter) to the next level.
Anyway, ask and ye shall receive! Also, be warned. This is (basically) nothing like a Kibbe and Finnegan show that we do now. Mike’s on the phone in this one. There’s no Corndog. And this was done over 2 years ago on The MuscleCar Place (Episode 274), and on the Internet a two year gap is like a century. The Dukes episode itself that we review is pretty different too. Other than the characters having the same names they do now, and the General Lee being orange, everything else is waaaaaaaay different!
Legit Episode Info:
Season 1 – Episode 1: “One Armed Bandits”
Written by Gy Waldron
Directed by Rod Amateau
Original Airdate: 1/26/1979
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. FAILED
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!