Welcome to Episode #63 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! You can also sign up to win future prizes and get show notifications by visiting http://www.kfshowgiveaway.com to sign up. You’ll get a follow up e-mail that confirms you’re not a robot, and once you’ve clicked the acceptance link you’re done. That’s it!
Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
MeUndies is back to sponsor this episode…and just in comfort ball cuddling time! To get your 20% off, Free Shipping AND their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and get the best and softest underwear you will ever own, go to MeUndies.com/kafs! Trust us. Get the ones with the crotch pouch. You won’t regret it.
Dukes Review: Bye, Bye Boss
K&F Show Summary:
Do you remember Tuck McElroy, Lead Singer of The Good ‘Ol Boys and the driver in the Winnebago from the Blue Brothers? That’s the bad guy in this episode. And unfortunately, that fact alone is pretty much the highlight of this one too. Anyway, here’s the run down: Boss Hogg is kidnapped for ransom by an escaped convict, ‘ol Tuck McElroy himself. The convict had been imprisoned after Boss had testified against him at a trial, and he swore his revenge…which is what this whole episode is about apparently. The convict steals the General Lee, puts Boss in the shotgun seat, buys a log of salami, and then hides in a shack until the Dukes challenge him to a race (weird race – it’s the General Lee vs the Dukes, all of whom are riding horeseback). I made almost none of that up. 6 Corndogs.
Legit Episode Info:
Season 3 – Episode 19: “Bye,Bye Boss”
Written by Jim Rogers
Directed by Denver Pyle
Original Airdate: 3/13/1981
Corndog’s Insider Dukes of Hazzard Episode Specific Nerd Trivia:
Well…without a doubt, this will definitely be my shortest review. I watched it twice just to make sure I didn’t really overlook anything. I liked this episode but it just didn’t give me much material to work with. Not a great episode, but not that great either. The storyline was fine… but as far a 2nd unit stunts… there just wasn’t enough of it there for me. There was only one new jump… the small jump towards the end of the episode. Other than that, a lot of the stunts were from recycled footage.
I rate the storyline a 7 and the 2nd unit stuff, maybe a 6.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe. FAILED 2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General. FAILED.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out. NOV 2017: THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
Kibbe has one!
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!