Welcome to Episode #23 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. If you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well.
If you like the show…for the love of all that’s holy, share it with your buddies and tag your favorite companies on Instagram with #SponsorKibbeandFinnegan! It may be a lame, but we’re not above it.
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: email@example.com
Dukes of Hazzard S2 E12: Arrest Jesse Duke
K&F Show Summary:
A team of super-attractive lady car strippers set up shop in Hazzard to steal parts off of cars and then sell them back to the unknowing owners. They drive old Army Jeeps to cover their tracks, which are cutely color coordinated. They also (for some reason) help each other to take cold showers in the woods. Boss Hogg ends up being the ring leader of the operation and finds a magical way to blame it on the Dukes, but has a change of heart when the ladies rip him off. The only recourse is to convert the General Lee into an off-roader to chase the hotty-lady-Jeep-driving-car-part-bandits. Rosco gets replaced by Boss’s nephew Hughie Hogg who arrives in a white VW Bug convertible with steer horns on the front. The ring leader of the Lady Bandits has the hots for Bo. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 2 – Episode 12 “Arrest Jesse Duke”
Written by Si Rose
Directed by Jack Whitman
-Many segments of the show opening credits have been altered. James Best removed completely! The ending GL jump was replaced by the train jump from a few episodes back. Bubba Watson can’t say that his GL was seen in every single Dukes episode, I guess….(it’s also different for the Coy and Vance episodes).
-The ladies fashion…seems pretty in style. I noticed the sweaters with the neck thing that seems popular, skinny jeans, and the tall boots that they wear on the outside of their pants.
-The twin sisters in this episode are portrayed by Candi and Randi Brough. They will reappear as different characters in Season 6, Episode 9 – Twin Trouble. And are slightly better actors by then.
-The “Strippers Leader” was portrayed by Lois Hamilton, not to be confused with British Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton. Lois was a top model for the Ford Agency in the 1970’s, starred on TV shows and in movies, including Summer Rental, and became an aerobatic pilot in later life logging over 600 hours. She was also in the movie Stripes as Stillman’s Girlfriend. Stillman was the commander, played by John Laroquette who was also Dan Fielding from Night Court. It gets crazier. The character “Bull” on Night Court was played by Richard Moll was also one of the nefarious Boadries, the moonshiners in Season 5 or 6 that come back and kidnap Daisy to marry her.
Corndog’s Super Insider Analysis:
–There were only a small handful of Chargers used on this episode… but over the remainder of this season, these cars are easier to spot out. Again, for whatever reason… these episodes originally aired out of order. As you mentioned on one of the last two podcasts, Cooter still has his beard, which is why he was out for a couple episodes. But an even bigger give-away that they clearly aired out of order…. at the 28:51 mark, this is the first actual appearance of Daisy’s Jeep. Spoiler Alert… in two episodes from now (ep. 14), “The Runaway”, Daisy’s Plymouth was officially destroyed… and then Daisy gets the Jeep… supposedly for the first time.
– 5:04 – When Bo and Luke are talking to the twin truck drivers over the CB, they do a u-turn in the middle of the road. If you look carefully, you will notice that this car has the chrome rocker moldings and they are painted orange. (rocker moldings were optional and regular Chargers and were standard on a car with the SE option.)
– 20:00 – When Bo, Luke, and Daisy are in the parts store, Luke finds the General’s carb. This is a Carter AFB. I don’t know why they painted it orange and black though,
– 27:39 – When Hughie is chasing Bo through the town square, he trips over the bicycle that is being held by stuntman Gary Baxley. Stuntmen often played double-duty rolls like this.
– 36:15 – The infamous shower scene… seen it many times… but this was the first time that I noticed a high performance Police Package Fury dual snorkle air cleaner leaned up against a tree in the background. These police 440 engines were often dropped into General Lees throughout the series and a couple of the survivor cars still has this style air cleaner.
– 38:44 – The 4×4 General Lee was a ’69 model. The crew opened up the radius of the wheel wells so the tires would not rub. They jacked up the front by tightening the torsion bar adjuster and it looks like they raised the rear of the car by flipping the axle to ride under the springs. This car ran the deep dish 15×8.5 Vectors instead of the usual 7in Vectors. Also on this car, you can see that it has vinyl top trim and it was painted over as well. This car and the car with painted rocker moldings were both used in the Carnival of Thrills episodes. Attached is a picture of the “4×4 GL” after the Veluzet’s finished building it. The next picture is of the same two cars at Saugus Speedway during filming of “Carnival of Thrills”. You will notice the large wheel openings on the car closest to the camera.
– 46:45 – The red Jeep goes over the cliff. This is at Indian Dunes and is the same cliff that the Plymouth Road Runner will eventually go over. Right next to this cliff is the river where the General Lee made the famous Styxx River jump that was reused multiple times.
Dream Board Update: Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.
Mike to get a new truck for legit towing. DONE!