Welcome to Episode #09 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Win a Jerry Rigg T-Shirt:
Send Us Your Hoodslide on Instagram!
Want to do something stupid, yet awesomely cool? Take a video of yourself doing a super-sweet hoodslide on the vehicle of your choice and tag it to us on Instagram (#kibbeandfinneganshow). We’ll put several of our favorites into our next YouTube show preview and send the winner a Jerry Rigg T-Shirt!
It may go without saying, but we assume no liability, risk, damage, responsibility, etc. for your video stunt. It’s on you, baby! Make it count!
Dukes of Hazzard Episode 13: Sting, Double-Sting
K&F Show Summary:
A band of criminals come to Hazzard to rob the bank, led by two guys that dress (and look) just like Laurel and Hardy…and that drive an RV for some reason. Their third partner fakes “the plague” which magically traps Bosco, Rosco, Enos, and The Dukes all in jail, allowing the crooks to rob the bank and get away easily. Daisy tracks them down, Cooter helps, and the General rips up the countryside followed by his most epic jump ever. All problems are solved, but Boss ends up owning the Dukes mortgage, setting up the plot for the next 6 years of shows. Hijinks ensue.
Legit Show Info:
Season 1 – Episode 13
Title: Sting, Double Sting Original Name!
Written and Directed by: Rod Amateau
-This episode has THE jump of jumps – the most signature General Lee jump ever.
-You see the General with it’s headlights on – just before the living snot is beat out of it. For some reason, seeing the headlights (to Rob) makes the car look old. With the doors closed it’s totally timeless.
-Production value is still spotty at best. Pretty much all of Rosco’s audio seems dubbed in!
Corndog’s Insider Super Geeky Yet Awesome Insights:
-At the beginning of the episode, this is one of the very few times that you will ever see the headlights on the GL throughout the entire series.
-One of the most famous scenes was from this episode… when the General makes a huge jump over the river (over 150ft). This is believed to be one of the surviving GA ’68 GLs. Later in the series, they refer to this as “Styx River”. It is actually the Santa Clarita River at the Indian Dunes in CA. The Dukes filmed many times at Indian Dunes. Any time they needed a cliff for a scene, chances are, it was Indian Dunes. In 1982 there was an accident there during the filming of The Twilight Zone that killed 3 actors.
The DREAM Board Update: (Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200)
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.