Welcome to Episode #08 of the Kibbe and Finnegan show! If you’re new to the show, Mike Finnegan and I have taken our Dukes of Hazzard fandom and turned it into a full fledged automotive podcast Gong Show of sorts, completed with a full episode review from The Dukes of Hazzard. It’s every 40-year-old’s dream, right?
You can find every episode here on The MuscleCar Place and iTunes and Google Play, and from time to time we’ll also be posting video clips and (and even) full shows to Finnegan’s Garage on YouTube. For those of you that want the show on Android but don’t like Google Play….we’re working on it (specifically via Stitcher). For now if you click the “Download” link at the top of this post you’ll be able to stream it on your phone directly. You can also pull the RSS feed as well. We’ve heard from many Android users that the Pocket Casts app is the way to go!
We’ll be adding in a live show stream in the future – so be sure to follow us online for notice of when that will be happening. Look for this show to publish twice monthly here (or maybe even MORE often), in iTunes, and on Finnegan’s YouTube channel! Have a question for the show? Just hit is up:
Finnegan Twitter: @Finnegan999
Kibbe E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dukes of Hazzard Episode 12: Route 7/11
Legit Show Info:
Season 1 – Episode 12
Title: Route 7-11
Written by: Fred Freiberger
Directed By: Bob Claver
-Now we know where they got the bows and arrows: Archery Equipment and Program Consideration Furnished by Martin Archery (they’re still in business).
Corndog’s Insider Super Geeky Yet Awesome Insights:
-In this episode, and from here on out, they’ve started to try and cover up manufacturers emblems and signs.
-In this episode a freshly built ’71 Plymouth is used for Daisy’s RR, replace the previous ’73 (different body style). You can see the strobe stripe on the roof was taped off by hand and was not an actual decal.
K&F Show Summary:
An out of town crime-boss lady named Helen Hogan comes to Hazzard with a “rolling casino,” a semi-truck with a full blown casino in the trailer. Bo & Luke take a job for her as drivers to gain money to repair the General Lee, not knowing she’s a crook. Boss Hogg realizes what they’ve done and hopes to cash in on the casino action while simultaneously putting the Dukes behind bars. An old friend of Jesse’s gets swindled by the evil casino, thus forcing the Dukes to illegally right a moral wrong. Cooter drives the General. Hijinks ensue.
The DREAM Board Update: (Goals to Accomplish Before Episode 200)
1. Get Diet Coke to Sponsor us….or just Kibbe.
2. Be characters in the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars 3. Finnegan is the General. Kibbe…is wishing he was the General.
3. Syndicate the show onto TV and radio, having awesome guests in studio, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on regularly to be our best friend.
4. Get John Schneider himself on the show with us. Pray to God he actually likes us and isn’t freaked out.
5. Blow up the podcast so that it becomes a regular weekly show, interviewing celebrities, and actually providing a living for us capable of allowing us to race cars anytime we want plus let our wives get the shoes they like.
6. Get our own studio.
7. We each get a General Lee (real car – not a toy).
8. Get a Voiceover Guy to announce the segments.
9. Jump a car together. Kibbe wants to go 30-feet vertical.
10. Make a Dream GL that is based off of a 1973 NASCAR Charger (like the 1/16th scale AMT model)
11. Kibbe needs a new wallet to replace his “George Costanza”.